Happy Valentine’s Day!
Every holiday I make Kristen a holiday themed breakfast. I had to search a bit to find a healthy Valentine’s Day breakfast recipe. (A lot of recipes claim to be healthy.)
This morning I made Kristen Ezekiel bread French toast topped with berries and mini egg and veggie muffins that I arranged into a heart shape. Success!
Here is a fun video we made for Valentine’s Day. ”Better Shape Up”
Ezekiel Bread French toast: (adapted from http://www.rippedrecipes.com/recipe/ezekiel-cinnamon-raisin-bread-french-toast-714.html)
4 slices of Ezekiel Bread
1/4 cup Egg White
1/4 cup Almond Milk
1/2 tsp Cinnamon
1/8 cup Blueberries
1/4 cup Blackberries
¼ cup Strawberries
1. Mix together egg whites, almond milk and cinnamon in shallow dish.
2. Soak 3 slices of Ezekiel Raisin Bread in mixture.
3. Cook in pan on medium heat until golden brown, then flip. (lightly spray pan with oil)
4. Top with berries and sugar-free syrup.
Egg and veggie muffins: (adapted from http://seekingshade.com/2013/02/14/mommy-and-me-valentine-breakfast/)
Ingredients: (Yields 6 egg muffins or 12 mini muffins)
3 egg whites
Diced green peppers
Low fat Shredded Mozzarella (Optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350 F.
2. Beat the eggs. Add cracked black pepper. A pinch of salt if desired.
3. Choose and put in your fillings. I did a little bit of each.
4. Pour egg close to the top. Leave a little room for it to rise and puff up.
5. Add cheese on top if desired.
6. Bake for 20-25 minutes.