Start 2019 by establishing healthy habits that will nurture your body and soul and improve your health. Remember! We are body and soul beings. If you are only detoxifying your body you only complete half of the task toward optimal health.
Immediately upon rising:
- 10 minutes of prayer/meditation
- 10 deep diaphragmatic breaths
- Set the tone for the day by setting a positive mindset
- Turn your complaints into positive affirmations. Be mindful of the words you are speaking. They are defining YOU: are they all negative, complaints, criticism?
- Make a point of performing at least one act of kindness for another person each day (and record it at the end of your day)
Throughout your day:
- Prior to eating your meals: practice expressing gratefulness for your meal
- Put your phone/and other devices away while eating. Digestive enzymes are released when we think about food and as we see and eat our food. If your brain is focused on other tasks the release of such enzymes essential for digestion will be arrested or delayed and your food will be harder to digest – indigestion!
For those who love themselves enough to put the effort in to get healthier, Dr. Claudia is sharing her 7-Day Detox program. The 7-Day Detox Meal Plan includes super-foods that fight chronic disease and is great for everyone who is interested in becoming healthier. The best part is…it doesn’t require a juicer! Email BetterHealthBetterLife@NMRNJ.com to receive your copy.
If you are interested in learning about juicing, join us on 2/21/19 for a demonstration on Juicing For Better Health.
Here is one of the Breakfast options from the 7-Day Detox Meal Plan:
- 1 handful spinach (or mixed greens : baby kale, spinach, chard)
- ½ cucumber
- 1 tbsp. parsley leaves
- 1 tbsp. cilantro (coriander) leaves
- ½ inch knob ginger
- ½ lime, peeled
- 1 tbsp. chia seeds (or less if preferred)
- 12 oz. (355 ml) coconut water
- 1 scoop protein powder