Building Muscle Mass with Push-ups
The Push-up is a great exercise to build muscles, it can be done anywhere and requires no special gym equipment.
There are many different Push-up variations to build your muscles, here are a few to get you started:
The Modified Push-Up
- Weight shifted forward on hands & knees
- Hands slightly wider than shoulder distance
- Slowly lower your upper body to the floor – allow elbows to move outward.
- Keep core muscles tight.
- Straighten arms returning to starting position.
- Work up to 3 sets of 10.
The Advanced Push-Up
- Hands directly under shoulders, slightly wider than shoulder distance
- Weight shifted over hands
- Body extended in plank position – core & glutes engaged
- Lower your upper body to the floor