Proper nutrition plays a significant role in healing by allowing the natural processes of inflammation control and tissue repair to occur. Eating the raw vegetables in this salad has many health benefits.
- Beets are low in calories but high in many vitamins and mineral, they help fight inflammation, and are a good source of fiber which is important for a healthy diet.
- Carrots are good source of beta carotene, fiber, vitamin K1, potassium, and antioxidants and beta carotene which gives carrots its bright orange color and is an antioxidant which the body converts to Vitamin A.
- Green Apples promote healthy gut bacteria due to the fiber called pectin which works as a prebiotic.
- Parsley helps detoxify and aides in weight loss.
- The lime and orange are high in Vitamin C and antioxidants helping to boost your immune system.
2 – 3 large carrots
1 lb. of beets
1 green apple
1 handful of fresh parsley leaves, chopped
2 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar
Using a food processor or mandolin, cut the carrots, beets, and apple into matchsticks, and put into a large mixing bowl.
Zest the lime and orange and add to the bowl.
Juice the lime and orange and add to the bowl, then drizzle with some olive oil.
Add the parsley leave and season to taste with salt and pepper.
Toss the salad and enjoy!