Do you have an effective pain management plan, one with healthful long-term solutions for your pain? Can you say that you’ve not only resolved your pain, but have become fully functional again? If not, you need to know about the focus of our pain management program at Natural Medicine, Rehabilitation & Pain Management (NMRPM) and our crusade to help stop the abuse of narcotics for pain relief and start living pain free.
Pain can drastically lower the quality of your life, but it doesn’t have to BE your life. Pain is your body’s ‘Check Engine Light’ going on to make you aware of a problem. Ignoring or covering up pain without managing its cause, is like putting black electrical tape over the engine light of your car so it no longer annoys you. That’s not a smart solution, and if ignored over time, can create even bigger concerns.
NMRPM will offer a variety of treatment modalities, techniques and educational programs that are used to create an individualized, sequential plan of care as well as an educational component to learn the treatment options and lifestyle choices to support living pain-free. These core services address the pillars of our ‘Smart Pain Management Model” which includes:
PAIN MANAGEMENT: comprehensive medical assessment and targeted medical pain procedures
- Cell-based Injection Therapy. This regenerative procedure is an all-natural alternative to surgical intervention. By using stem cells obtained from your own bone marrow, we are able to mimic your body’s natural ability to heal.
- Epidural steroid injections help relieve a patient’s pain and inflammation, but more importantly it also helps them progress in their rehabilitation program in order to best manage the causative factors of their condition and prevent the pain from returning.
- Radiofrequency ablation (or RFA) uses radio waves to decrease pain signals from a specific area of nerve tissues. Once the pain is manageable the patient can be more progressive with their rehabilitation program.
- Therapeutic nerve blocks contain local anesthetic to control acute pain.
- Vertebroplasty is a minimally invasive procedure used to stabilize and stop the pain caused from a spinal fracture.
REHABILITATION: Individualized treatments and a wide range of therapies.
- Physical Therapy
- Chiropractic Care
- Biofeedback Therapy
- Massage Therapy
- Cranio-Sacral Therapy
- Clinical Nutrition
- Weight Loss
- Comprehensive Blood Work
EDUCATION & LIFESTYLE PRESCRIPTION: Practical physical, mental & emotional educational programs to support living a pain-free and healthful lifestyle.
- Patient education
- Corporate Lunch N Learns
Pain management is a complex specialty encompassing many aspects of medicine. One should never simply cover up the pain without identifying and managing the causative factors. The foundation of NMRPM is to reduce your pain by identifying the cause through comprehensive assessments, then treating and strengthening the body to improve its capabilities and prevent future problems or recurrence.
For more information about our new Pain Management Center
opening this winter in Somerset, please call 908-252-0242
Dr. Kandra is the Medical Director of NMR Pain Management. He is board certified in Anesthesiology and Pain Management and is dedicated to the treatment of chronic pain symptoms for patients. He is trained at Vanderbilt University Medical Center, one of the country`s top Pain Management training programs. He is also the Chairman in the Division of Pain Medicine at Easton Hospital.