The fresh cranberries in this recipe offer a range of health benefits! Their high nutrient and antioxidant content have many considering them to be a super-food. Some evidence suggests they help to prevent certain types of cancer, improve immune function, and decreased blood pressure.
The butternut squash and cranberries in this recipe make a colorful, and nutritious, addition to your Thanksgiving meal.
3 lb. butternut squash peeled and chopped into bite size pieces
2 cups of fresh cranberries
1/4 cup feta cheese
2 Tbsp. olive oil
salt, pepper and garlic powder
fresh or dried parsley
- Toss butternut squash with the olive oil
- Spread on a baking sheet in a single layer
- Sprinkle with salt, pepper and garlic powder
- Roast at 400 degrees for 25 minutes
- Add the fresh cranberries to the roasting pan
- Roast another 15 minutes
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with cinnamon and the feta cheese.
- Garnish with parsley.