2 cups old fashioned oats
1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
1/4 cup flax seed
1/2 tsp. salt
1-2 tsp. cinnamon
2 eggs, beaten
1/2 cup unsweetened apple sauce
1-2 Tbsp. maple syrup (optional)
1/4 cup melted coconut oil
1 apple peeled and very finely chopped
1/2 cup very finely chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350
- In large bowl, mix together the dry ingredients.
- In a smaller bowl, whisk the eggs and then mix together the remaining wet ingredients.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredient bowl and stir.
- Fold in the chopped apples and walnuts.
- Use a 1/4 cup dry-ingredient measuring cup to scoop out 1/4 cup of batter onto a parchment lined baking sheet. These cookies won’t spread, so press them down a bit to flatten them slightly.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes and enjoy.