Acupuncture is a drug-free way to help patients with pain management. It is also used to manage different autoimmune pathologies, allergies, asthma, gastrointestinal issues, fertility and can provide support during the treatment of various cancers and other chronic illnesses.
Acupuncture can help you move toward not only feeling better, but also helps you progress along more quickly in your rehabilitation program to actually being better and stronger.
For over 5000 years, acupuncture has been used to provide drug-free treatment for pain and dis-ease by encouraging the body to promote natural healing. From a Western point of view, this happens in the body through a variety of mechanisms that operate on many levels.
A holistic approach to pain relief.
Sterile, hair-thin, single needles are inserted into specific points in the body, where they are gently stimulated to trigger the body’s natural healing response, regulate the body’s physiological functions and relieve pain effectively.
Acupuncture stimulates the nervous system to release pain-relieving chemical (endorphins and serotonin) and hormones in the muscles, spinal cord and brain. These chemicals are the body’s natural painkillers. The body produces them to influence its own internal regulating system and healing abilities to fight disease and maintain a healthy physical and emotional state.
Acupuncture therapy works will in a rehabilitation program that can be designed to help you ease your pain and suffering.
The World Health Organization recognizes the use of acupuncture in the treatment of a wide range of these medical conditions:
- Pain, both acute and chronic: back, neck and joint pain, sciatica, sports injuries, headaches and migraines, golfer’s /tennis elbow, carpal tunnel syndrome, fibromyalgia, muscle pain, arthritis, plantar fasciitis
- Neurological Disorders: post-stroke recovery, Bell’s palsy, trigeminal neuralgia, movement disorders, vestibular disorders, neuropathy
- Upper Respiratory Disorders: asthma allergies, sinusitis
- Digestive Disorders: irritable bowel syndrome, gastritis, GERD
- Reproductive and Urinary: cystitis, menstrual cramps, irregular or heavy periods, peri/menopausal symptoms, infertility, impotence
- Immune system: multiple sclerosis, auto-immune disorders, recurrent infections
- Cancer patient support: relief from side effects of cancer treatment like fatigue,nausea and pain
- Depression, Anxiety and Insomnia
- Smoking cessation treatment
- Facial Rejuvenation
- …and more!