This gentle twist helps to mobilize blood away from the core and then allows blood to return once we release from the twist. This gentle twisting movement can help to massage the GI tract and even help with bloating and digestion!
- First Come to a cross-legged seated position sitting tall and elongating the spine.
- Gently twist to one side, bringing one hand behind you and the other to rest on your knee.
- Breathe into the twisted position.
- Make every exhale a little more pronounced by drawing the belly button back to the spine.
- Hold for five to six breaths per side and repeat.
About the author: Dr. Jeremy Cohen
Dr. Jeremy specializes in rehabilitating patients with orthopedic and sports injuries as well as patients recovering from various surgeries. He has continued his post graduate training by becoming a certified Performance Enhancement Specialist from the National Academy of Sports Medicine and has achieved an advanced certification in Fascial Movement Taping. Dr. Cohen is also certified in integrative dry needling as well as in performing functional movement screenings. Dr. Cohen was awarded membership to the Alpha Eta Society for significant scholarship, leadership, and contributions to the allied health professions..click here to learn more about Dr. Jeremy