Thoracic Spine Stretch
Try this stretching exercise to help relieve pain
in the upper and mid-back
How to properly perform this exercise:
- Sitting on bench/chair with arms crossed, hands on shoulders, ball
- Back is upright, head/neck in neutral.
- Breathe in and with exhale, rotate trunk to the left as far as able as the left arm opens to the side with palm up.
- Head rotates left, turning toward hand. Hold for 3-5 seconds.
- Return to neutral and reverse with right rotation and reach.
Technique: Pelvis does not lift off bench/chair, upper body is relaxed, core muscles engaged. Knees face forward.