ROASTED BUTTERNUT SQUASH WITH CRANBERRIES AND FETA
A colorful and nutritious addition to your holiday meal.
Recipe for building strong bones by Dr. Claudia Tamas
Butternut squash, while low in calories, is high in nutrients including Vitamin A, Vitamin C, Vitamin E, Vitamin B. It is also high in calcium, magnesium, manganese, zinc, phosphorus, and potassium which are essential for strengthening bones and contribute to overall bone health.
The fresh cranberries in this recipe offer a range of health benefits! Their high nutrient and antioxidant content have many considering them to be a super-food. Some evidence suggests they help to prevent certain types of cancer, improve immune function, and decreased blood pressure.
- 3 lb. butternut squash peeled and chopped into bite size pieces
- 2 cups of fresh cranberries
- 1/4 cup feta cheese
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- salt, pepper, and garlic powder
- fresh or dried parsley
- Toss butternut squash with the olive oil
- Spread on a baking sheet in a single layer
- Sprinkle with salt, pepper, and garlic powder
- Roast at 400 degrees for 25 minutes
- Add the fresh cranberries to the roasting pan
- Roast another 15 minutes
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with cinnamon and the feta cheese.
- Garnish with parsley and enjoy!