A Valentine’s Day Treat
Recipe for building strong bones by Dr. Claudia Tamas
Berries and Dark Chocolate is a match made in heaven! Berries are high in Vitamin C which can help boost the absorption of calcium to help you build strong bones. Dark chocolate has more antioxidants than milk or white chocolate, so look for a cocoa content of 60% or higher. Dark chocolate is packed with important minerals to help keep your bones healthy, including iron, magnesium, zinc, copper, and phosphorus. But beware; chocolate is a high-calorie food, so enjoy no more than 3 ounces a day.
- Melt approximately a 1/2 cup of dark chocolate chips.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Dollop a teaspoon of the melted chocolate on the baking sheet.
- Top with raspberries, blueberries and/or blackberries.
- You should be able to make approximately 20 dollops of Chocolate Berry Patches.
- Save some of the melted chocolate and drizzle it over the berries.
- Place in the freezer for 10-15 minutes until the chocolate sets.
These Chocolate Berry Patches are a healthy treat you can enjoy right away or store a few in the freezer and enjoy them later as a frozen treat!