As part of our Community Relation efforts to help educate our community on the different aspects of preventative healthcare, we are highlighting the following corporate wellness programs this November in support of Diabetes Awareness Month.
Here are a few statistics from the American Diabetes Association:
- Nearly 30 million children & adults in the US have diabetes
- Another 86 million Americans have pre-diabetes and are at risk of developing type 2 diabetes
- The American Diabetes Association estimates that the total national cost of diagnosed diabetes in the US is $245 billion.
Nutrition in Health ~ A Fundamental Approach to Sound Nutrition (half hour presentation) Presented by Dr. Vincent Sferra
A practical & logical approach to sound nutritional habits emphasizes on why it is so important to follow the nutritional approach for which our bodies were designed. Discussion of basic points to include:
- What to eat as well as optimal time to eat
- Physiological effects of eating incorrectly
- Controlling your metabolic rate
- Controlling your appetite
- Cutting edge testing to determine hidden risks of cardiovascular disease and Diabetes.
Body Fat Composition & Diet Analysis Weight alone is not a good measure of one’s health, and with all the conflicting information about nutrition out in the marketplace, most people are not eating nearly as healthy as they think they are! This analysis will identify a person’s body composition in terms of lean muscle tissue versus percentage of body fat for a better understanding of one’s health status. Infrared technology determines overall body fat/lean tissue ratios. With a brief professional consultation:
- Learn about your Body Composition and its impact on cardiovascular disease.
- Receive a personal review of your dietary and nutritional habits to get on the road to healthy eating!
To schedule one of these free wellness programs at your corporation to support Diabetes Awareness Month please email BetterHealthBetterLife@NMRNJ.com