Today was our free day and it was a bit disappointing. Our cheat foods: Chicken Parm Pizza, chocolate chip cookie ice cream sandwiches, multi-grain chips and homemade guacamole. The food tasted good but we agree that we don’t get as much joy from eating those foods as we did in the past. We are much more excited to eat the stuffed peppers that we made today for a few meals next week. See recipe below.
We weighed-in this morning, neither of us lost weight this week. It was disappointing to not have lost any weight. We will talk with Dr. Sferra tomorrow and find out if there are any changes we should make to our diet and exercise routine or if this plateau is normal.
In case you didn’t see the FB post on Friday, from NMR. Visit NMR FB page each day next week (2/10- 2/14). NMR will be giving away one of the following:
- A Free Massage
- A Free Acupuncture session
- A Free Biofeedback- Stress Management session
- A Free Exercise Start Kit, to include exercise equipment, water bottle, t-shirt and more.
- A Free Weight Management consultation.
Turkey & Quinoa Stuffed Peppers
- 4 large green peppers
- 1 lb lean ground turkey
- 1 lb Hot turkey sausage
- 2 C diced mushrooms
- 1/2 C diced sweet onion
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 4 C organic vegetable broth
- 2 C dry quinoa
- *optional — cheese of choice.
- In a medium pot, start the quinoa and cook according to package directions (usually about 15 minutes). Instead of cooking with water, use vegetable broth. It adds flavor.
- While the quinoa cooks, sauté the vegetables and garlic in a large sauce pan with a little coconut oil or olive oil.
- In a bowl squeeze the turkey sausage out of casing and mix with ground turkey, then brown in large sauce pan. Add desired seasoning. (We used diced garlic and salt.)
- Mix cooked quinoa, sautéed vegetables and turkey mixture in large sauce pan on low heat for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Allow time for the flavors to distribute.
- Preheat the oven to 350- F.
- Prep your bell peppers. Wash the peppers, cut the tops off, and remove the stem & seeds. Spray a 9×13 baking pan with cooking spray and place the cut bell peppers in the pan (open side up).
- Then, stuff each bell pepper with the mixture. Make sure they are nice & full! If you’re opting for cheese, then top with just enough cheese to barely cover the mixture (if you put too much on, it will make a mess in the oven).
- Cook at 350- F for 20-35 min