Active Straight Leg Raise with Opposite Hip Extension
This exercise is used to strengthen core stabilizing muscles, hip flexors on the active straight leg raise side, and strengthens hip extensors on the opposite side.
Begin lying on your back with arms at your side, legs straight out and held together with toes pointed towards the ceiling.
- Engage the core muscles and squeeze thigh muscles tight.
- Lift your RIGHT leg as high as you can while maintaining a straight leg.
- While your right leg is lifting up, press your LEFT leg into the ground firmly.
- Hold this position of for 2-3 seconds, then slowing return to the starting position and repeat.
- Repeat 10 times per leg for 2 sets, totaling 20 repetitions.