Tension Headaches are caused by muscle contractions in the head and neck regions. A variety of foods, activities, and stressors can cause these types of contractions. At NMR we offer many complimentary services to help our patients better manage stress and reduce the symptoms caused by chronic stress:
- Biofeedback Therapy is noninvasive. It can reduce or eliminate the need for medications; it may be an option when medications haven’t worked well.
- Nutrition. Optimizing nutrition and hydration is critical to reduce cravings, improve energy, lose weight, prevent illness, reduce inflammation, and symptoms of disease. Food may be contributing to the pain you are experiencing.
- Education. Increase awareness of behaviors that cause physical stress and physical pain like bracing/guarding, poor posture, and improper lifting. Learn healthy lifestyle behaviors will enhance your results.
- Therapeutic Massage. Pressure is applied to soft tissue effecting changes by relaxing contracted muscles, increasing circulation, improving range of motion by stimulating the stretch reflex of muscles and overlying fascia (connective tissue).
- Chiropractic Therapy. Chiropractic adjustments are very effective for treating tension headaches, especially headaches that originate in the neck.